Hundreds of people have contributed to GRI’s mission as governance body members, Working Group members and staff. GRI values their contribution, and the Alumni Program aims to enable ongoing engagement with GRI’s activities.
The GRI Alumni Program is open to all alumni of GRI. This includes former members of the Board of Directors, Stakeholder Council, Technical Advisory Committee, Working Groups, and Secretariat staff .
Benefits of the Alumni Program
- Quarterly newsletter, including key stories, media coverage and management updates
- Updates on key projects and milestones, such as Public Comment Periods and nomination processes
- An annual webinar on the year ahead for GRI, to share key strategies, objectives and projects
- A slide deck to enable alumni to talk about GRI
- LinkedIn sub-group for the exchange of ideas and experiences
- Social event at the global GRI Conference
How you can help GRI's Mission
GRI encourages alumni to participate in activities and engage with the network. Advanced and exclusive information will enable this. Among others, alumni can:
- Participate in Public Comment Periods
- Encourage others to participate and provide information about sustainability reporting and GRI
- Participate in, and potentially speak at GRI events
- Provide information to GRI on their country, region, or constituency, including highlighting of key events and speaking opportunities
If you are an alumnus of GRI, you can join the GRI Alumni Program and continue to support GRI’s mission.
To sign up, please send an email to Alumni@globalreporting.org
, providing your contact details, a short description of your connection to GRI and what you can do in your region to help GRI in its mission.
You will be confirmed as a member of the Program, and will be sent a link to sign up for the GRI Alumni LinkedIn group. You will also be added to the mailing list for the newsletter and advanced notices.