Competitive business program
In cooperation with the Swiss Confederation’s State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO), we support small and medium enterprises (SMEs) through Corporate Sustainability and Reporting for Competitive Business (CSRCB). This program operates in six target countries: Colombia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, South Africa, and Vietnam.
With CSRCB, GRI wants to contribute to better integration of SMEs into global value chains through:
- Developing SME capacity for sustainability reporting
- Enabling a conducive reporting environment
- Fostering demand for sustainability data
- Over 2500 participants from SMEs trained on sustainability reporting through workshops events and one-to-one meetings across six countries since 2016.
- Launch of a GRI Digital Reporting Platform, exclusive for SMEs and Implementation Partners on the CSRCB program to produce custom-made sustainability reports.
- GRI Standards and its updates translated into the relevant languages, including Spanish (May 2017), Vietnamese (June 2017) and Bahasa Indonesian (July 2017).
- Over 1500 data users (including investors, media and civil society organizations) engaged on using sustainability data through workshops, events and one-to-one meetings since 2016.
- SDG Compass developed together with the UN Global Compact and the World Business Council on Sustainable Development, to guide companies in aligning their strategies with the SDGs.
- Publication (2018): Empowering Small Business - Recommendations for policymakers to enable corporate sustainability reporting for SMEs. Download from the 'Related documents' section below
- More videos on our YouTube channel, documenting participants in the CSRCB program